Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
kjw
Casting On

remove from needle together?
I'm working on my sweater (http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=6383) and the pattern has the following stitch definitions:

C2R = Knit into front loop of 2nd stitch on left-hand needle, then knit 1st stitch, slipping both stitches off needle together.

C2L = Knit through back loop of 2nd stitch on left-hand needle (behind 1st stitch), then knit 1st stitch, slipping both stitches off needle together.

To me, it sounds like you're working a cable without a cable needle. However, the videos I've watched and the pattern's instructions don't seem to match. The videos show slipping the first stitch off the left needle, slipping the second stitch onto the right needle, putting the first stitch back on the left needle then slipping the first stitch on the right needle back on to the left one. The pattern definition seems to have you working both stitches while they are on the left needle without slipping and moving them. The phrase ”slipping both stitches off the needle together" is throwing me, too.

What do I do?
kjw is offline   Reply With Quote