Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

FO: "Approximately Clyde"
So I wanted to make something nice for Wendy's birthday, and figured I could maybe find some yarn to match Clyde (the cat). Yeah right. So I go to the LYS and say "I'm trying to match a cat." And without missing a beat, Julia (I think) asks "Did you bring the cat with you?" (True story.) Anyway, after ordering more yarn than I want to talk about online, I finally found this Cascade Eco Duo "Chickory", which was close enough (i.e. as close as I was likely to get). I knew I could come up with a scarf, and I did. But when it came time to do the matching hat, I ran into a slight snag. As in, I had all kinds of great ideas that I didn't know how to do... and a limited amount of time to not do them in. Finally, I hit upon the perfect solution, and gave her the scarf and the remaining yarn so she could make the hat she wanted to go with it. Clever non?

We sure make one heckuva team. I sure do love that woman.

UPDATE: Since there was a whole skein of the Eco Duo left, Wendy made a pair of fingerless mitts to go with this set. So now she has the complete ensemble. And matches her cat. Well... one of her cats. Maybe next up is the Approximately Snickerdoodle... although the Approximatiely Ripley would probably be easier...

Last edited by mojo11 : 02-21-2013 at 09:47 AM.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote