Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Joining on circular needles!
So, I'm still a newbie to knitting, but being possessed of a very compulsive personality, I have now managed to start several WIPs and to give myself symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. This started when I began purling with circular needles, as I have been knitting flat on them. I have finished a scarf and a 2 hats (that FIT!!) but frogged multiple things and have stayed up until 2 a.m. several times knitting ("Just one more row!"). Moderation isn't my thing, clearly. I would like to stop purling, so clearly I need to join the circle so I can just knit, knit, knit.

So the big question is, since I like to make hats for the time being, how do I join on circular needles? I mean, I can figure out how to join, but the size thing mystifies me. FI, if I am making a hat for a 22 inch sized head, and the knitting needles are 24 in., then how will that work? I can see that I am going to have to start magic looping, I guess.

Now if I can figure out what to do about my aching thumbs! I love knitting, but it's killing me, LOL. I am used to falling hard skiing, and getting bucked off horses, but that seems like sissy stuff compared to my ravaged hands and wrists!!

Words of wisdom, anybody?
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote