Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
Alysha07
Casting On

Knitting a buttonless towel topper with a "bobble"
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and hoping i will like it here. I hope i can find some answers and help out anyone else i can too
My question refers to creating a bobble. I have googled and searched videos on how to do it but they do not seem to be the same as what mine is supposed to look like. Mine is more of a flower shape and it is on the towel topper in place of a button. The towel pattern I have is from mary maxim. *Out of context* the pattern says have 7 sts, k1 row Next row: K3, bobble in next stitch, knit to end. Directions for bobble: (K1,YO,K1,YO,K1 in next st,) turn 3x, K2TOG, K1, K2TOG, pass 2nd and 3rd st over first st. I know how to do k1,yo,k1,yo,k1 all in next st. but does the turn 3x mean knit, turn knit, turn knit then the decresing? or does it mean do k1,yo,k1,yo,k1, turn, repeat, turn, repeat THEN do decreasing? I am so confused! In the picture it appears to have 3 'petals' I am really not sure how i turn this seemingly short bobble pattern into all that. Please help me thank you
Alysha07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alysha07 For This Useful Post:
BodyaTwnty (07-22-2013)