Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

FO: "Approximately Clyde"
So I wanted to make something nice for Wendy's birthday, and figured I could maybe find some yarn to match Clyde (the cat). Yeah right. So I go to the LYS and say "I'm trying to match a cat." And without missing a beat, Julia (I think) asks "Did you bring the cat with you?" (True story.) Anyway, after ordering more yarn than I want to talk about online, I finally found this Cascade Eco Duo "Chickory", which was close enough (i.e. as close as I was likely to get). I knew I could come up with a scarf, and I did. But when it came time to do the matching hat, I ran into a slight snag. As in, I had all kinds of great ideas that I didn't know how to do... and a limited amount of time to not do them in. Finally, I hit upon the perfect solution, and gave her the scarf and the remaining yarn so she could make the hat she wanted to go with it. Clever non?

We sure make one heckuva team. I sure do love that woman.

UPDATE: Since there was a whole skein of the Eco Duo left, Wendy made a pair of fingerless mitts to go with this set. So now she has the complete ensemble. And matches her cat. Well... one of her cats. Maybe next up is the Approximately Snickerdoodle... although the Approximatiely Ripley would probably be easier...

Last edited by mojo11 : 02-21-2013 at 09:47 AM.
mojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,375 Times in 3,058 Posts
Very clever and very beautiful work on this set. The cables are lovely. Well done both of you!
mojo11 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,595 Posts
Great solution! They look like they were made by the same person. You aren't hallucinating your better half are you? Great set, great solution, must be a great cat, and all for a great woman. Score!

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
mojo11 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,750 Times in 7,120 Posts
Beautiful!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
mojo11 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Great solution! They look like they were made by the same person. You aren't hallucinating your better half are you? Great set, great solution, must be a great cat, and all for a great woman. Score!
Well sometimes I swear I must've made her up, but then I realize that I couldn't have. I could never have done that good a job. And she can match anything, which is why she's so good (and so in-demand) with repairs. You can't find them when she'd done.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
Antares
Working the Gusset

Well done, Mojo and Wendy! Love the color and the design. You two do make a great team!

And what's a little extra (or a lotta) yarn here and there, eh? Have you ever seen a woodworker who didn't have tons of lumber? Or an angler who didn't have way more lures than he or she could use in a lifetime? Or an artist who didn't have tons of brushes and paint?

Lots of yarn comes with the knitting territory!
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antares For This Useful Post:
mojo11 (02-21-2013)
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
mojo11
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Well done, Mojo and Wendy! Love the color and the design. You two do make a great team!

And what's a little extra (or a lotta) yarn here and there, eh? Have you ever seen a woodworker who didn't have tons of lumber? Or an angler who didn't have way more lures than he or she could use in a lifetime? Or an artist who didn't have tons of brushes and paint?

Lots of yarn comes with the knitting territory!
Yeah, what's knitting without stash? My problem now is what to do with all that sport weight yarn. BUT... that meant I did have it available to make the Try the Decaf scarf.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,893 Times in 3,014 Posts
This is a wonderful set! Very classy looking, and well done!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote