Old 03-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
BrookeOlenar
Casting On

Rainbow denise needles
Does anyone know what happens when I loose one needle or a pair from the kit?Also does anyone have a closer picture?She talks about this marble and I can't see any.I tried contacting her but with a failure demon.
BrookeOlenar is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,781 Times in 7,145 Posts
Amy is one of the forum owners so I'll let her know you've posted.

As far as I know they only come in sets even on the Denise website.
http://www.knitdenise.com/pages/about-denise#knitting

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,467 Times in 3,143 Posts
Turns out, you can order a single needle:
http://www.knitdenise.com/pages/faqs#top
http://www.knitdenise.com/pages/faqs#q18
You may need to print out the order form, cross out the entry for "needle set" and replace with "one needle" at half the cost of the pair.
Jan in CA (03-16-2013)
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,484 Times in 529 Posts
The Rainbow Denise Sets are dyed exclusively by Amy and sold only at KnittingHelp.com. Denise will still honor the warranty on these kits and will provide replacement parts if you encounter a problem. However the needles provided by Denise will not be colored.

If you needed a replacement set of needles for a rainbow kit, the current cost would be $5.00 per size, plus shipping which would be around $2 with the US. We only sell replacements needles in sets of two, as the colors vary slightly from batch to batch. A set of two needle ensures that they are both from the same dye batch and will therefore match.

As for the marbling. Our dye process is added after the needles have been manufactured by Denise. Therefore, any natural grain or irregularity in the original un-dyed needle from manufacturing will show a bit after it's been dyed. Denise has improved their manufacturing processes and the needles we receive are much more uniform and in most cases there is no grain. I'm looking at a set now under bright light and it's difficult to see any marbling or grain. All of the bright colors (pink, red, orange and yellow) look perfectly uniform. If I really look hard and squint my eyes just right, I can make out some slightly darker areas on the green. It doesn't in anyway detract as it's practically imperceptible.

We have sold hundreds of these rainbow sets over the past 8 years and they have been extremely well received. We get wonderful feedback from knitters who use them and adore them. We offer them with the full support of the Denise needle company.

I hope this information is useful. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I'll check back in on this thread.

Thank you,

Sheldon Finlay
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
Jan in CA (03-16-2013), salmonmac (03-16-2013)