Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #11
sydneymath
Casting On

Thank you
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
The pattern that the poster is working on may call for a yo before the ssk but that certainly isn't a general rule. There are plenty of patterns that call for decreases and specifically ssk without placing a yo before that decrease.
What pattern are you knitting? It may be that you're inadvertantly missing an increase somewhere in the row. Would markers help? When this happens to me I more careful about counting sts every row.
Thank you salmonmac and suzeeq. I appreciate your help and suggestions. I DID put a marker every 5 stitches of the 55! And I knit 2 rows correctly. It was a little hard because there were YOs and K2Togs which, then I had to move the markers!

What I finally figured out, or at least, this is what I think: even though I typed out the rows in bigger font, they were too close together on my paper, and I just looked at the wrong row 1/2 way through. The rows are VERY similar, simply moving the YO holes over one stitch every other row (Odd rows are P across; even rows might be like: YO, K2, slip 1 as to knit and another even row is: YO, K1, slip 1 as to knit)

I'm going to put something over those other rows so I can't see them and just look at the row I'm doing!!

Okay, back at it!!

Thanks,
Sydneymath
sydneymath is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #12
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,466 Times in 3,142 Posts
Ah, yes. That could well do it. I'm using sticky notes right now to block off the unworked rows on a chart so that I can keep my place. They really help especially when you're starting a pattern and can't predict the stitches by looking at previous rows.