Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,994 Times in 2,509 Posts
Originally Posted by Becky Morgan View Post
I found an afghan kit years ago, and it was really interesting. When I mentioned it to James Walters, who used to be on the CompuServe Crafts Forum, he had a class on it, but I couldn't see it because we were on dial-up. He says you don't have to stop at two colors, either. That just about made my head explode
I've only done the one thing in interlocking crochet but it was fun, in spite of the colors. I've only found the one site that has much about it and I'm not in the market to buy what she sells. I can't see why using more colors wouldn't be just fine.

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #12
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
It's a real test of a marriage when two knitters share one stash. Tread lightly, Sheldon!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #13
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Ingrid View Post
It's a real test of a marriage when two knitters share one stash. Tread lightly, Sheldon!!
My wife and I have done well over the years with exception of the one time she tried to crochet my silk with some acrylic yarn.

Beautiful work Sheldon.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
ABC's Mom
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by sheldon View Post
Continental just makes more sense for me. It also analogous to how one holds the yarn in crochet. If I were to guess, I'd say crocheters are probably mostly continental knitters.

Amy likes to say that there is no right or wrong way when it comes to English vs. Continental. The right way is which ever way works for you. Previously, when I have knit I did do English, just because the mechanics made it easier to get the yarn through. But watching Amy speedily knitting continental and effortlessly switching between knit and purl stitches compelled me to learn continental.
Most right handed crocheters may be Continental knitters, but not sure about us lefties!! We learned to crochet left handed so hold the working yarn in our right hand. I haven't been able to convince my hands, nor my brain to try and switch!!
Congrats on your swift learning. Must be watching Amy all this time rubbed off on you.
ABC's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #15
ArtLady1981
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,891 Times in 3,012 Posts
Way to go, Sheldon! You've been Baptized!

A high quality LYS I began to frequent in 2003 was owned, operated and managed by a young married couple, Amy and Emmett Skaar. It was very encouraging to visit the shop, and there at the counter was Emmett, busily knitting away on an Elsebeth Lavold Viking Knits pullover, using beautiful stitch markers on the row!

The LYS experience was made richer by the participation of a man!

Welcome to our world, Sheldon!

Artlady at Rav
ArtLady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote