Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
barbarajo
Casting On

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Good for you! What small projects are you working on? I've found I like knitting squares: dishcloths, washcloths, coasters. It can be a great opportunity to practice stitch patterns and tension and just get comfortable with knitting. Finishing something that you can use that doesn't have to be perfect is so nice when you're learning. I've made sweaters and socks and I still do squares because I'm learning! When I need a mindless knit, cotton yarn and Grandma's favorite dishcloth are just right.
I was looking on the knitting help on Facebook one night & found something small to learn to knit cables. It was the card-gans from the simplynotable.com site. I'm not done with even one yet, but I keep on. I'm beginning to understand the cable process a little. I'm also doing some washcloths too, I like behind able to see the stitches forming and I can also see my mistakes much clearer when it's not a super soft yarn. Thanks for your encouragement...I need a lot of that!
barbarajo is offline   Reply With Quote