Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Tamar Dohel
Knitting the Flap

To all knitters
Dear knitters,

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the Lounge but I want to share my story with as many knitters as possible.

While I've been away a lot from this forum I've been busy knitting, learning and practicing a new skill - continental knitting.

I am writing this to encourage all the English knitters out there who want to master continental - it's possible! I've done it! It may take some time and practice but most of all persistence. Don't give up and have plenty of hand rests between. Do little and often.

I still use my right hand for knitting 2 together, binding off, eyelets, increasing, etc. but for straight knit or purl rows I can change hands whenever I like.

Best advantage: seed stitch and ribbing
I now actually enjoy ribbing or seeding!

However, I must point out that none of this could have been achieved if it wasn't for Amy, the videos and all you supporting knitters. Thank you.

Tamar Dohel is offline   Reply With Quote