Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,045 Times in 2,557 Posts
Is Patons Colour Works Aran 3776 Knitting Patterns Book what you have? I see a picture of a man in a vee neck pullover, is that the sweater you're doing?

Everyone is really trying to help you get this sorted out. I know I have gotten all kinds of help and learned all I know about knitting from people here. When we ask for more info or a picture if possible it's just that the more we know, the more likely you are to get the help you're looking for. We really take the "help" in Knitting Help very seriously. We're also confident that you can do it!

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
salmonmac (03-27-2013), suzeeq (03-26-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #12
sshaw
Casting On

Thankyou for your help, Yes thats the correct pattern book,the pattern i am doing starts on page 14 although i am following the v neck pattern on the next 2 pages, not the crew neck. There is a picture of a man but i am creating the one that the lady is wearing. I showed my mum last night who is a keen knitter and she cant make sense of it either!

Unfortunately i am not able to link photos as my camera doesnt work with my computer :-(

When i hold the front section up to my body i have 2 shoulders bound off and i have a v shape created so i cant make out where the extra bit needs to go, i think i am going to continue to create the neckband and the sleeve and try and set it all together and hope that there is not an area i have missed! I have made my first crew neck previously and that pattern was not as complicated as this one! Although the pattern book states it as easy! well for a beginner its not :-) Although i will not be defeated!!!

Thankyou very much for your help :-) you all seem friendly on here. I will continue with my pattern and ask on her if i need more help but for now i consider that part of the pattern scrapped and hopefully it wont backfire!! :-)
sshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,333 Times in 3,018 Posts
Sounds like an error in the pattern, perhaps a mistakenly repeated section. Lay out all the pieces that you have, front, back, sleeves and if that all looks good, proceed with the neckband or whatever comes after the problematic section. Do come back with any questions and let us know how it goes even if you can't post a photo.
sshaw (03-31-2013)