Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
meganb1977
Casting On

More About Interchangeables
I saw a couple of recent posts about interchangeable needles but wanted to start a new topic since the previous discussion seemed to be more about the cords, which I'm not as worried about.

I'm considering a new set of wood, preferably bamboo, circular needles. I have the KA "Switch" set but haven't been entirely happy with them because, although I love how it gives you a lot of options to make the cord different lengths, everything comes unscrewed easily. Somehow my husband doesn't seem to have a problem with this (yes, he knits). As far as the cords, they seem a bit flimsy so I am looking to try something with a more durable cord even if it is not quite as flexible.

I was looking at the Knitpicks "Sunstruck" set, which has a key to secure the join between the tips and the cord. However, I also see the Addi and Hiya Hiya sets, which have a screw in clicking/locking technology. This seems like it might be more practical (despite that they are almost twice as expensive) considering that the key for the Knitpicks set could be easily lost. Also, the Addi and Hiya Hiya are available in bamboo, while the "Sunstruck" are made out of birch...I'm not sure there's that much of a difference, but I've sworn by bamboo for years.

In other words, I'm more concerned about everything staying secure than I am about the cord, as long as the cord is durable. Any thoughts?
N0obKnitter (04-10-2013)