Old 04-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #11
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,751 Times in 7,121 Posts
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Great news, Amy! Thanks for letting us know. Sheldon hinted that you were looking into this. It's great to know that you'll have something soon.

Jan: I have some of the Cubics, and I really like them. The points are pretty pointy, though, so if you use a digit to push against the point, you may find some ouchy-ness going on with them. With that said, I love mine and use them quite frequently!
Good to know, thanks! I am used to super sharp points from the KP needles, but it took a while not to use my finger so much.

Thanks for the review, Artlady!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #12
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Originally Posted by N0obKnitter View Post
Rut roh.

*Robs bank.*

Lol

Believe me, it will take a great deal of self restraint for me not to "dip into" these sets. I can't tell you how many Denise kits I have personally appropriated from our store.

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amy For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-11-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #13
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,098 Times in 2,608 Posts
*waiting with bated breath*

A question: Will the Shop here reflect the sale price WEBS currently has on some needle sets?

and another: Will you charge me Washington state sales tax? Some places do, some places don't.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-12-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,479 Times in 528 Posts
The needles arrived late Friday. I haven't had a chance to get them in the site yet. Amy is at a workshop this weekend, so I'm charged with entertaining the 4 year old. Hopefully I will get them in the store on Monday.

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
*waiting with bated breath*
A question: Will the Shop here reflect the sale price WEBS currently has on some needle sets?
I took a look at Web's. Of the kits that they have on sale, we are only offering one in common: The Nova Deluxe set. We will be stocking the Cubics Deluxe and Dreamz Deluxe, as well as a 3 needle sampler set.

Their price on the Nova Deluxe is hard to beat, and I don't think we will be matching their 39th anniversary sale price. We can't really compete on price with Webs. They're in a completely different league and business model than KH. KH is primarily a free resource and community and our shop is a way for folks who use the site to say "thanks" if they so wish. But there's certainly no expectation.

We will be offering the needles with free shipping, like we do currently with the Denise needles.

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
and another: Will you charge me Washington state sales tax? Some places do, some places don't.
We're only required to collect sales tax in our home state of Massachusetts. Orders shipped to every other state/country are exempt.

Thanks for asking!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (04-14-2013), Jan in CA (04-14-2013), N0obKnitter (04-14-2013), salmonmac (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,098 Times in 2,608 Posts
I think a set of Nova needles is in my future and with free shipping you'll come really close to what it would cost to order at the sale price directly from WEBS. I just told them Amy and Sheldon sent me in the box they provide for special instructions when I placed an order. Hope that helps you all a little. You all have helped me a lot. I don't understand their policy of not offering free shipping like other sites do, and another place I've learned about here has lower shipping costs. Sometimes the shipping makes or breaks my ordering from them.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanks. We currently don't have a affiliate relationship with Webs. We know Steve and Kathy, and many of the store associates know us. But their shipping warehouse is a completely separate entity. Maybe they'll see it. We appreciate the good will and we do love Webs, our LYS

We are planning to offer their Valley Yarn lines in our shop as part of some knit kits. We have bags of Berkshire (amy's favorite yarn right now) in our office, we're just trying to put together the kits. These will mainly be geared towards newish knitters looking to get a pair of needles, some yarn, and a pattern and get knitting quick. I don't know if we will be selling skeins outside of kits.

We will likely expand our needle offering later this summer or in the fall. We're starting with a limited number interchangeable sets to feel things out. The needles that we did get are gorgeous, especially the wooden Dreamz and the novel Cubics. The Novas are great as well. We're excited to be offering them.
The Following User Says Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (04-14-2013)
Old 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

The wait is over! I added the needles to the store this morning.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/shop/t/c...itting-needles

I haven't had time to take our own photographs and elaborate on the descriptions. It's april vacation at daycare this week, so it's going to be a rough week.

We're offering US free shipping on all the interchangeable sets, Denise and Knitter's Pride. The Comby sampler kit isn't officially a interchangeable set, so that one does have shipping, but it only weights 6oz, so it's only $3.08 for shipping.

If you have any questions about the kits, needle sizes, etc. Let me know. I will be adding such info to the product descriptions this week.

Last edited by sheldon : 04-15-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I just checked and the shipping is $3.08. Post office keeps increasing prices.
sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
GrumpyGramma (04-15-2013), HeathersHobbies (04-15-2013), Jan in CA (04-15-2013), N0obKnitter (04-15-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
Woodi
Turning the Heel

I want to order the Dreamz.....will it take forever to ship to Canada? I've been waiting for a knitting book from Amazon for weeks and weeks now, and finally, they're promising it 'should' arrive on the 24th of April.
Woodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

International is tricky and the post office doesn't give any firm time frames. Instead they say "Varies by Destination".

That said, we ship internationally via first class mail. We tend to ship quite a few packages to Canada and I haven't yet had someone inquire about their package being abnormally delayed. If I were to guess, I'd say it takes anywhere from 6 - 10 days. There is no tracking for 1st class.

Recently the US Post Office increased postal rates which included a near doubling of the price of international. We used to be able to ship Denise Needles for about $6, and now it's about $12. It's rather unfortunate.

I did post this morning that we are offering a 5% discount on the Knitter's Pride Interchangeable Sets. If you use the coupon code KPRIDE5 you will get the discount. The coupon expires after Sunday.

Thank you,

Sheldon

Originally Posted by Woodi View Post
I want to order the Dreamz.....will it take forever to ship to Canada? I've been waiting for a knitting book from Amazon for weeks and weeks now, and finally, they're promising it 'should' arrive on the 24th of April.