Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
racheldenkers
Casting On

ribbing attachmet
Hi,
I recently got a Singer 700 knitting machine and it came with a Singer SRP 60N ribber. I set up the knitting machine and tried it out and it worked great and then today i tried to add the ribber. I followed the instructions very carefully and everything seemed to fit and work as it should. The carriages slide over the needle beds. The problem is when I try to set up to cast on I moved the needles on the ribber and the knitter (every other needle alternating) to D position. When i pass the carriages the ribber needles get hooked onto the knitter carriage and the two carriages jam. To troubleshoot, i tried running the knitter and ribber carriages separately over the needles in D position and it went very smoothly. I also took the ribber off the table and set it up again just to make sure i did everything correctly and i also went over each setting in the instruction manual to make sure they were where they were supposed to be. It is probably a very simple thing i overlooked. I am very new to this. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I just want to start knitting!!
Thanks!
racheldenkers is offline   Reply With Quote