Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
KnittinGal
Ribbing the Cuff

Gauge: stockinette stitch vs. garter stitch
Hello,

I'm getting ready to start knitting a sweater-vest for myself.

The pattern I'm using is worked in garter stitch all the way through, but I was thinking of using stockinette stitch instead (knitting the first three stitches so it won't curl). I was just wondering if using a different stitch than the pattern calls for will mess up my gauge; I am supposed to have 17 stitches for every 4 inches. I made a couple of swatches using sizes 7 and 8 needles, and I'm going to wash and dry them soon. I've never really bothered about checking gauge, but since I'm trying to make this fit without taking it out a few times, I decided that it might be a good idea this time!

If stockinette stitch will make things more complicated, I'll probably just follow the pattern like it's written. What do ya'll think?

KG
KnittinGal is offline   Reply With Quote