Old 04-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
knitcindy
Turning the Heel

I have a set of Denise Interchangeables and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

My very 1st set of interchangeables was a Boye set and they worked for awhile, but the Denise set is a HUGE step up from Boye!!! That being said, I have noticed that the cords are "thicker" than the Boye ones and sometimes it's hard to move my 100+ stitches around them row by row.

But overall, I really like them!!!
hth, knitcindy
knitcindy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitcindy For This Useful Post:
Dedtoidetry (05-18-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,476 Times in 527 Posts
Amy and I filmed a review and walkthrough of the Denise Interchangeable Needles. Anyone who is interested in the Denise set should take a look:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...itting-needles

We're also working on a similar review for the Knitter's Pride needles. I hope to have it up soon.

We sell both Denise and Knitter's Pride needles in our shop. Purchasing from our shop is fantastic way to help support KnittingHelp.com:

http://shop.knittinghelp.com/knitting-needles/
Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #13
twoxover
1st Leg of the Journey

I have the denise interchangeables and really like them. I find that they are easy to knit with, and feel good in the hand. one other thing....which is important to me...I do try very hard to buy American made if I can. and the Denise's are made in the US.
twoxover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoxover For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #14
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by sheldon View Post
Amy and I filmed a review and walkthrough of the Denise Interchangeable Needles. Anyone who is interested in the Denise set should take a look:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...itting-needles

We're also working on a similar review for the Knitter's Pride needles. I hope to have it up soon.

We sell both Denise and Knitter's Pride needles in our shop. Purchasing from our shop is fantastic way to help support KnittingHelp.com:

http://shop.knittinghelp.com/knitting-needles/
ETA on the rainbow Denise'???
Old 05-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #15
artsy1
Ribbing the Cuff

i second that on the Dreamz needles- the only ones i like more are my hiya's- not only are the dreams nice and pointy, they are slick and the cables are very flexible- and pretty too!
artsy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #16
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Originally Posted by N0obKnitter View Post
ETA on the rainbow Denise'???
We have to scrounge up the funds to place a big order. We usually dye between 50 and 80 kits at once, so it's a bit outlay for us. We're a bit over-extended due to purchasing all the Knitter's Pride needles. I'm hoping we'll get some more made up this month. I will certainly post here when they are ready.

Thanks!

Sheldon
The Following User Says Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

Thank you! I'll start squirreling $ away to buy a set. My husband is getting me the pastel coloured Denise 2 Go for mother's day. :-D

Can hardly wait to have pastel AND rainbow Denise. :3
Old 05-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
N0obKnitter
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by artsy1 View Post
i second that on the Dreamz needles- the only ones i like more are my hiya's- not only are the dreams nice and pointy, they are slick and the cables are very flexible- and pretty too!
I've read some complaints about rough key holes/snaggy joins etc online. For $83 needles it made me apprehensive. Can you give your opinion on the snag/ key hole roughness issue? Thanks!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,984 Times in 2,504 Posts
I've read some complaints about rough key holes/snaggy joins etc online. For $83 needles it made me apprehensive. Can you give your opinion on the snag/ key hole roughness issue? Thanks!

Maybe that was part of the problem I had with DN. I know that no yarn I used slid easily anywhere really. I thought it was something to do with how I knit, maybe not. There had to be a reason I was experiencing all kinds of problems nobody else seemed to have. I guess any product could produce a few lemons. I might get them out and try them again. It's a long time since I used them at all.

ETA I see from Sheldon's response that I made the same mistake. Thanks, Sheldon.

I have the Nova needles, I don't think they're Dreamz, I'm looking at WEBS and I'm not figuring out just which is Dreamz. My Novas are A#1!

Last edited by GrumpyGramma : 05-02-2013 at 02:46 PM.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

My husband is getting me the pastel coloured Denise 2 Go for mother's day. :-D
I have a Denise2Go set and I really enjoy it. It's all i ever use these days. Granted I am not the most prolific knitter. But it's a fun little set.

I think Denise has gone through periods of "rough around the edges" manufacturing. I have noted in the past that their needles used to be more matte and rougher and occasionally you'd hear about snagging bits on the cord joins or the needles themselves. I recall knitters advising to use a bit of sand paper to smooth them out.

However, these days Denise needles are almost glossy in their finish. I'm guessing they now polish the needles as part of the manufacturing process. I have not heard recently of anyone having issues with the cables or needles snagging. I think that was a thing of the past. We probably sold more than a thousand sets over the past 8 years, and I can count the number of returns on one hand.

They still rank high as an expensive and versatile set. You get 10 pairs of needles, and a bunch of cords with 2 cord joiners. You can make a very comfortable 17 inch circular which isn't possible with most other kits unless you buy short needles and an extra cable. Amy frequently knits on 17 inch circular from a rainbow set. And this is a house which has probably over a half dozen different sets (boye, options, dyakcraft, bamboo, etc.). She's also fond of the Boye set. I think she has a thing for colored needles!
===
Edited to add: Whoops. I see you were asking about the Dreamz and not the Denise. I don't have any info on those as far as snaggy bits go. I have looked them over and I don't see any obvious defects. But I haven't knitted on them myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
N0obKnitter (05-02-2013), twoxover (05-03-2013)