Old 05-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
pursesbybarb4u
Ribbing the Cuff

Fabric squares joined by knitting
I saw an idea on a tv program for a baby blanket that used 4 x 4 squares of fabric with a blanket stitch around each square and then the squares are crocheted together. I love the idea, but I would prefer to knit the squares together instead. I would use 2 squares wrong sides of fabric together which makes each square double-sided, holes punched in all around, then do a blanket stitch to have the spaces in which to knit the first row of stitches. But I am wondering what kind of a knit stitch I could use to make 3 or 4 rows of a knittied border around each square, then join the knitted "border" of the squares together somehow. Any ideas or do you know of a pattern?
pursesbybarb4u is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pursesbybarb4u For This Useful Post:
Demaemiaingehbf (05-21-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
fatoldladyinpjs
Working the Gusset

I would do a log cabin edging on it. Look at the outside edge of these designs to see how these are done. These would be joined with a whip stitch on the back side of the blanket to make the joins invisible and make the log cabin edging stand out. You would lay the squares out flat on a table right sides down and stitch through the back loops.

http://verypink.com/2012/02/15/log-cabin-scrap-blanket/
Old 05-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
pursesbybarb4u
Ribbing the Cuff

Fabric squares knitted together
Originally Posted by fatoldladyinpjs View Post
I would do a log cabin edging on it. Look at the outside edge of these designs to see how these are done. These would be joined with a whip stitch on the back side of the blanket to make the joins invisible and make the log cabin edging stand out. You would lay the squares out flat on a table right sides down and stitch through the back loops.

http://verypink.com/2012/02/15/log-cabin-scrap-blanket/
Thanks for the idea. I didn't think about doing a log cabin style. Whenever I do a fabric quilt, I almost always put them together in the log cabin design. I will consider this as soon as I prepare my squares of fabric. Thanks again.
pursesbybarb4u is offline   Reply With Quote