Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
cawhouston
Ribbing the Cuff

Knitting as a Business?
Recently I knitted two sweaters for my daughter's dogs. While researching patterns and techniques on the internet I noticed 2 -3 companies that would knit custom pet sweaters from measurements provided by the customer.

I knit so slowly that at 50 cents/hour I still would not be competitive with commercial outlets. Do these (seemingly) household businesses use electronic knitting machines to be price/time competitive?

Out of curiosity I googled electronic knitting machines and found only two or three companies selling them and they were mostly used. This leads me to believe there is not a huge market for these machines.
cawhouston is offline   Reply With Quote