Old 07-18-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
shar1989
Casting On

Surrey Knitter
for some reason I am having a problem replying to this message but was happy to see the langley knitter as it is so good to know that there are still some knitters around. I am from surrey, bc and knew to this site but was happy to find it. I have had a hard time finding knitting stores and have been to the Knitopia and it was nice There is also one in N. Westminster called Shan's Needlework and I like that one now that I have found it. I also go to Walmart and Zellers but they are really cutting back on their supply. Michaels is good too I think that I am addicted to knitting and it is nice to know there are other ones that are the same way and I would be interested in hearing from you and joining in the "knit n' bitch" sessions.
shar
shar1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #12
shar1989
Casting On

Originally Posted by Sajomaro View Post
I know there are other knitters that live or frequent the Langley area. I can't be the only one buying yarn and such at Michaels and Wal-Mart. I awesome as that would be I don't think those two stores would have their yarn department just for me. Even if I do work at Michaels.

If you're in Langley or area. Let me know. It would be nice to possible arrange a Stitch 'n' Bitch but I'd be happy to know I'm not the only Langleyite on here.

Side note: If you're from the Langley area do you know of any yarn stores in Langley? I know of Langley Yarns, north of Aldergrove. And my mom said she saw a sign for a new wool shop in Walnut Grove but I haven't been able to get over that way yet.
Hi There
I didn't know that there was a langleyyarns so that is great I will check that one out. Have you tried Knitopia in downtown langley?
shar
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
marlib
Casting On

hello
im veeery new to posting etc, but have been knitting and crafting for many years. I live in Houston BC, about 700 miles from you. I buy my yarn form my mothers yarn shop in Prince George BC. The Old Spinning Wheel. I am looking for graphs for hats for kids or a program that will do them from pictures...............any ideas?
marlib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #14
offgridgirl
Knitting the Flap

I'm up on Van island, north of ya but do get to the area to visit friends Thanks for the info on a yarn shop. I'll try to stop by next time I'm in the area.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:35 PM   #15
shar1989
Casting On

Hi
I have just been going through this site again I haven't been on the forums for a long time but am still addicted to knitting and that was why your "name" caught my attention. I also found that you were in N. Delta and worked at Strawberry Hill I am very close to that area and although I realize your posting was a long time ago, was just curious if you were still in the area and still "addicted to knitting" i still have a bit of a problem getting used to this site so that was part of the reason I didn't come back on it but it is fun to realize there are still knitters out there 'cause sometimes it feels like I am the only one. Now I know lots of people feel that way too. Hopefully I will be able to find my way back to see the postings that I answered It is easier to send them than find them again!
have a great day!
shar1989
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #16
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

Just an update about the guild. We've changed are name to Fraser Valley Knitting Guild to avoid confusion. We meet the 4th Wednesday of the month at Choo-Choo's Restaurant on Fraser Hwy in Langley. Doors open at 7pm, meeting begins at 7:30pm. Membership is $20/year and gets you 10% off regular priced items at Knitopia and 88 Stitches. Our next meeting is Oct. 27, 2010. After a short business meeting we will be having a talk on knitting socks from the Toe-Up. Everyone is welcome to join us regardless of skill level. For more info you can email us at fvknittingguild@gmail.com. Or check out our website or or group on Ravlery or our page on Facebook.

Jodi

My Blog!
Stick-ee Creations

I'm Sajomaro on Ravelry too!
Sajomaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
heanorgirl123
Casting On

Langley Knitters
Hi Sajomaro....I've just joined KH and noticed your post....I'm in Langley, Brookswood to be exact....

Heanorgirl123
heanorgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #18
Sajomaro
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi Heanorgirl123,

Good to see another Langley knitter. If you're interested in hanging out with a bunch of knitters let me know. I'm on the opposite side of Langley from you, Fort Langley area, but know a few people that live closer to you that try to get together once a week or so.

Jodi

My Blog!
Stick-ee Creations

I'm Sajomaro on Ravelry too!
Sajomaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
heanorgirl123
Casting On

Langley Knitters
Originally Posted by Sajomaro View Post
Hi Heanorgirl123,

Good to see another Langley knitter. If you're interested in hanging out with a bunch of knitters let me know. I'm on the opposite side of Langley from you, Fort Langley area, but know a few people that live closer to you that try to get together once a week or so.

Jodi
Hi Jodi....I would love to be able to hang with other knitters...can you send me the info please...

Thanks...Barbara
Old 06-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
heanorgirl123
Casting On

Langley Knitters
Originally Posted by heanorgirl123 View Post
Hi Jodi....I would love to be able to hang with other knitters...can you send me the info please...

Thanks...Barbara
Fort Langley isn't too far for me either, but would love to get into a group of like-minded knitters...

Hope to hear from you soon.

heanorgirl123 - AKA Barbara