Old 06-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Chelsea716Knits
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Skype™ to Chelsea716Knits
Basic Question - Not used to this yarn or pattern
So I am knitting this patteren:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...alek-dishcloth

But as a face towel, and not a dish cloth. I am using 2 strands of bernat's handicrafter cotton as it was on sale at micheals last week... I mean 4 for $5! How could you pass that up? One problem is I am going to need more yarn then I bought in one colour, could I switch to another pale/light coloured cotton? Its slightly thicker though, so I don't know if it will look very smooth.

Also, I am using one bamboo needle and one metal (same size, couldn't find a matching pair, so now my family is looking at me like I'm crazy ) and one is sliperyer then the other. The yarn is sliding off sometimes and I try to recover slitches... but some times I have to frog the row and start again. Is there something I could put on the tips to keep the yarn on? I tried clear tape once, but i don't have any right now and it worked before. Any ideas? This is my first dishcloth... I have made a blanket, a pair of gloves, 10+ hair things, a few scarves and half a sweater (yes, only half of one... need to add arms now) but never a dishcloth. Its more of a towel so its a face cloth now... About 10 inches wide I guess

Keep On Knitting!!!!
Chelsea716Knits is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #2
DavidSydney63
Knitting the Flap

sure - buy the dishclothes at your local supermarket. buy some yummy yarn and knit yourself a scarf, will help with technique and guage issues.
DavidSydney63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,460 Times in 3,137 Posts
Well, you can always give the second yarn a try and see how it looks, either single or double strands. Depending on how far you've gotten in the pattern, maybe you could use the new yarn to pick up sts and make a border around the entire facecloth.
There are lots of types of commercial point protectors to keep sts from sliding off when you put your knitting down. If you have too many sts crowded on the needle and that's making them slide off, it may be time to switch to longer needles.