Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
Artchic528
1st Leg of the Journey

How to join yarn?
This is going to be a bit of a novel, so I apologize in advance.

I was in the middle of wrapping a new (whopping 1 pound) skein of yarn into a ball and decided after 5 hours or so of doing it, that I needed a break. While I was away, and without me knowing, the dogs had found the yarn and mistaking it for a toy, decided to play with it.

Now, I had a the start of a simple garter stitch scarf going on the end of this yarn and it was thankfully undamaged by the dogs' "playtime". However, the length of the working yarn has now drastically shortened to about 6-8 feet.

Now, I'm by no means a math expert, but I do believe I don't have enough working yarn to make a scarf. I do, however, after another 5 hours of straightening out the yarn, have another, rather sizable ball to work with.

Seeing as I have little interest in starting over from scratch on the new ball, I thought maybe I could join the new ball to the project to avoid frogging it. Now, I've Googled joining techniques and found this page (http://knitting.about.com/od/learnto...t/new-ball.htm) on the subject. Would either of these (I'd most likely be trying the second one) be feasible for a beginner to do? If not, what would you recommend?

Oceanblue28 on Ravelry

So many things to knit, so little time!!
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote