Old 06-17-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
deeannrice
Casting On

I figured this out. Thought that I would just let everyone know who tried to help me.

First of all thank you so much for all of your replys and help.

In answer to salmonmac this is a chart or at least the odd numbered rows are charted. That did cause some of the confusion. Had everything been charted I would have read it as you said -- odd number rows from left to right and even number rows from right to left. But since only the odd number rows were charted it was unclear that it was to be read that way.

So first off:

The "S1" was left off of the "Purlwise wyif, k1; p to within the last 2 sts; k2" and that makes a difference. It should read "S1 Purlwise wyif, k1; p to within the last 2 sts; k2"

Next:

The charted rows (odd numbered rows) were to be read from right to left and then the even number rows which were not charted were to be "S1 Purlwise wyif, k1; p to within the last 2 sts; k2".

(This is what salmonmac had basically suggested. You were exactly right. I was reading one set of directions in the wrong order.)

Now that makes sense. The S1 Purlwise wyif at the beginning of each row leaves a row of holes on each side which are later used to attach the edging.

I want to thank you for all of your help.

The pattern I was using (which I should of put at the beginning) was KnitPicks Granite and Cloud Triangle Wrap by Patricia Duncan. Just in case anyone else uses this pattern and needs the same help.

You also need to make sure you have the March 4, 2012 version.

Thank you again for all of your help.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!