Old 06-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,470 Times in 527 Posts
Hi Marg1e,

Unfortunately, the postal rates for international DOUBLED during the last postal price increase a few months ago. All of the full interchangeable sets weigh about 16 ounces when packed up and cost about $20 USD to ship to Australia. It used to be $10. The Comby sampler which weights about 6 ounces now costs $15 to ship to Australia, up from $7. It's crazy. Such a steep increase is ridiculous and has a lot of sellers fuming. We have looked into alternatives such as DHL and Fedex, but their prices are even more obscene.

So those are the facts. I wish we could offer a cheaper shipping option for our international members.

Thanks,

Sheldon

Originally Posted by Marg1e View Post
Is postage to us Downunder as prohibitive as I suspect it is, please, Sheldon? - 'cause if it ain't, I'd ask you to nominate for me your best complete set of interchangeables ...
It's just not possible to find anyone in Sydney who doesn't have an axe to grind or an agenda to push in this regard.
OTY, then.

M.R.
The Following User Says Thank You to sheldon For This Useful Post:
Marg1e (06-18-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #12
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Skype™ to Marg1e
It really is extraordinary: I can have stuff posted to me from the UK for far less than it costs from the US of A.
I wonder what the devil this is all about? - why is US Postal so down on we Downunder? ;-)
Never mind; and thanks very much, anyway!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
sheldon
KH Geek
Site Admin

Thanked 1,470 Times in 527 Posts
Originally Posted by Marg1e View Post
I wonder what the devil this is all about? - why is US Postal so down on we Downunder? ;-)
I don't think they have an agenda. All international rates doubled. Our post office has been teetering on bankruptcy for years, so they've been implementing price increases pretty frequently. This last price increase was definitely brutal and will have a real effect on small businesses that ship internationally like KnittingHelp.com.

Our postal service has had a hard time coping with the increasingly digital world we live in. Rather than innovate and become more efficient, they just keep increasing the prices. It's too bad.