Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Scelerata
Casting On

WIP - First Ever Project: Garter Stitch Scarf
So I just started knitting about a month ago, and after several failed attempts (one of which included me failing to notice the working yarn had gotten wrapped around the bottom of the piece until about ten rows later) and a week and a half period in which I basically gave up on the idea of ever knitting, I finally started this little number:

Sorry the photo's not so nice, my phone has a pretty poor camera. :c I think it's taken me about ten days of irregular knitting, but we're at very nearly an even five foot--I'm of the opinion that the best scarf is a long scarf--and I think I'm about ready to bind off and add the fringe. It's not the most even thing, sadly, but I'm really proud of it anyway.

The yarn's just some size 4 Red Heart that was super cheap at Walmart. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on nice yarn just to tear it up with my clumsy first attempts.

Edit:

I finished! I finished, I finished, I finished!

Disregard the ugly model (it's me), check out that babe of a scarf, hehe! I'm so giddy. I can't wait to give it to my friend this afternoon.

Last edited by Scelerata : 06-28-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: More pictures~!
Scelerata is offline   Reply With Quote