Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
Artchic528
1st Leg of the Journey

Night of Knitting Fun!!
I just got back from attending my first knitting event at my LYS. It was a lot of fun, there was a nice, healthy dinner, absolutely divine deserts and even some small gifts for the attendees (stitch gauge stickers for gauge swatches, a pin that looked like a small basket filled with yarn balls and needles, and a single use stain removing wipe).

There were even discounts on top of discounts and a huge sale to boot. I bought a skein of variegated blue/green yarn (acrylic/wool blend) that reminded me of the ocean, which I picked up at the beginning to make a nice garter stitch scarf with, and two skeins of dark green/purple/brown variegated 100% wool yarn with glittery metallic highlights, which I plan on making into a sort of cowl/mobius thing for my mom.

All the while, it was raining like there was no tomorrow and there was a spectacular display of lightning to look at while we knitted, or doing needlepoint as a few there were doing.

I didn't learn much in the way of knitting, but I had so much fun that I think it was worth the trip. I will definitely be coming back in August when they will be doing another Moonlight Madness.

Oceanblue28 on Ravelry

So many things to knit, so little time!!
Artchic528 is offline   Reply With Quote