Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Getting started "in the round"
I've been using circular needles for all my flat knitting, but haven't tried knitting in the round yet. I want to start now, thinking it'd be fun and I'd love a couple of hats for winter.

I've looked at some videos, and decided i want to do the 2 circulars method. It appeals to me most, plus I already have the needles I'll need.

What I can't find though, are some videos on what changes when working in the round, compared to flat knitting. For example, how to do seed stitch? Somewhere, awhile ago (before I was interested of course!) I saw something about decreasing/increasing in the round - I can't see why that'd be any different though...

So - I've found videos about knitting in the round - gettting it set up, knitting, and knitting and knitting - but I'm thinkin' there's a whole lot more to it than that!

Any helpful suggestions - especially of videos - would be HUGELY appreciated as always! THanks!

Lynne