Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Skype™ to Marg1e
did someone say 'frogging'? :-\
See that? - well, actually, you can't see it very clearly: just refer to the pattern itself and you'll sort of know what my knitting looks like.
I was at roughly this point coupla days ago when I suddenly noticed that I'd done a short-cut in the pattern, half-way back: I'd knitted a purl row and thus started on another of the 4-row pattern with only 2 rows behind it.
Dithered. Fretted. In the end had to acknowledge my indisputable obsessive compulsiveness and de-knit all the way back to remove the offending mis-knit. I'm working on 252 sts, as it's one-piece till the armholes; only the gods know how many rows, let alone sts!, that I frogged. And served me right for losing concentration.
Btw: the thing the knitting's sitting on is my new storage unit. TEN DRAWERS! I'm in order heaven.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0026.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	56754  
bmlesqshtolzea3034 (07-11-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-29-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,641 Times in 7,043 Posts
Argh.. I feel for you! I've had to frog a few things myself. It's looking beautiful though! Love the organization drawers, too!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,110 Times in 2,825 Posts
Yes, sadly it's very familiar territory. I too look at the piece, leave it, think about it and then do what I always knew I was going to do, rip it out and do over. MayI usse sticky notes to keep my place (on the pattern, I mean, not the knitting).
Going to be lovely though with that pretty border and stitch pattern.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
AngelaR
Turning the Heel

Sadly I've had to frog every single project I've started in the past 3 months since I can't get past the first few rows because evidently developers think they are clever for keeping non-math based increases to themselves and the online calculator do not work. It's summer, too hot to knit, to be honest, so I will most likely just wait until October or November when it cools down to start something new.

It's discouraging since I have tons of new yarn and new patterns.
OTN: Writer's Cardigan
OTN: Hats!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/ARichter
AngelaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Did you mention the word 'summer'???
Ye god and little fishes! - I had forgotten that such a season exists. Here in Sydney we've had incessant rain for the last ... oh, I think it's now ELEVEN days. As to the temperature - I have no words.
You may all be grateful for that.
I am glad that I'm not alone in this: for reasons I don't understand, I'm finding this extremely simple - though equally pretty - pattern to be one that requires 100% concentration. Like, no radio; no talking book; just KNITTING. Because the moment I'm not absolutely focused on it, I do something moronic. And truly, I'm not usually so halfwitted.
Sighh ...
Old 06-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #6
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Angela - what's a writer's cardigan, please?
This interests me greatly …
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
Antares
Working the Gusset

Yuckola to frogging! And those "mindlessly simple" patterns are the ones that often clobber you--especially, as you point out, when you're not paying attention for the briefest nano second! I have a shrug that I've knitted, frogged, and reknitted a million times. The pattern is simple--a four row repeat and then move the pattern over a certain number of stitches and do it again. But where is that shrug now? Oh just in my knitting basket waiting for me to redo the sleeves because one turned out longer than the other! ARRRGGGHHH!!! HISS!!! GROWL!!! WHINE!!!

By the way, feel free to send us all that rain (and cooler weather, too). It's bone dry here in Texas, and let's not even mention how hot it is (a blasting furnace comes to mind).
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Well, hopefully what I have done with my other project will work. I stopped knitting it because it is white and I was going to be spending three days on the road as a passenger and it seemed like it would be too much of a challenge to keep it clean. I began knitting my nearly finished and then completely frogged sweater and would like to at least finish the body of it before I put it down, slowly but slowly, I will get there.

Well, to make a long story even longer, my husband taught me how to use Excel for graphing my projects; I had never knitted from a graph before and I am completely hooked. So now I print out my graphs and write notes on them.

Keeping my fingers crossed, when I get back to my shawl, I am hoping that I actually took decent enough notes to be able to continue it without running into any snags.
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #9
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,727 Times in 2,295 Posts
I really wish the frog would learn something new to say.

It looks good in your photo. I think it's great you got new drawers!

You can't knit the left sock first. Ever.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 AM   #10
Marg1e
1st Leg of the Journey

Ho yes! - new drawers! <grin> Baggy ones and all.
I got the set for AUD49.50, would you believe? - and now I see it's being sold for $39.20 Sighh ... Dunno what to learn from that: can't sit around indefinitely hoping for stuff to drop in price, can yer?
Claire, your husband is a doll! - mine once did me a graph to knit the word "opera" in a beautiful font into the back of a cardy I was working on. Husbands are great! :-) That's why I wrote a book about mine: they tell me he'd love it: I can only hope they're right.
What notes?!
Antares, your language!! My hair has gone grey! ... oh, it was grey before, wasn't it? <grin>
I wish Angela would come back to tell me what a writer's cardigan is: you have no idea the mental images I'm conjuring up ...