Old 07-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
ad2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Its back...with a tiny vengeance
And i haven't done anything :( No seriously.

I've not knitted all week, well I've rarely knitted at all all week. And guess what? the lovely little pain in my index finger that I had when i first started this whole knitting thing, has returned after a few months of me knitting happily with no problems. Why? I have no idea. I haven't done anything to this finger! :(

So I guess it means this blanket is never going to be finished, I can't start my next project this weekend, and I need to hold fire on knitting until further notice? :(
ad2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ad2knit For This Useful Post:
bmlesqshtolzea3034 (07-11-2013), Sweelicem (07-17-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,289 Times in 2,976 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that the old problem has returned. You were doing so well, too. Hope that rest or a chenge of craft (crochet?) will help out.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
ad2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that the old problem has returned. You were doing so well, too. Hope that rest or a chenge of craft (crochet?) will help out.
I'm going to have to rest it. I don't think its the knitting this time that is causing the hand/finger pain, because as I've said, I have not touched the needles much at all this week (not because of the pain but because I've had a few days where I can't be bothered with anything) Urgh. And I really wanted to finish this stupid blanket before starting on my new project.
ad2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by ad2knit View Post
I'm going to have to rest it. I don't think its the knitting this time that is causing the hand/finger pain, because as I've said, I have not touched the needles much at all this week (not because of the pain but because I've had a few days where I can't be bothered with anything) Urgh. And I really wanted to finish this stupid blanket before starting on my new project.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. What does your doctor say? There are a few things that I do to deal with physical pain, if you are considering using herbs, you need to do research to find out if they pose any contraindications with any medications you may be using. I use Serrapeptase and Turmeric to deal with inflammation and occasionally White Willow Bark for acute pain. I have also used an athletic tape, referred to as "Kinesiology" tape. Arnica cream is also good to use for injuries.
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,995 Times in 2,510 Posts
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. What does your doctor say? There are a few things that I do to deal with physical pain, if you are considering using herbs, you need to do research to find out if they pose any contraindications with any medications you may be using. I use Serrapeptase and Turmeric to deal with inflammation and occasionally White Willow Bark for acute pain. I have also used an athletic tape, referred to as "Kinesiology" tape. Arnica cream is also good to use for injuries.
Serapepetase, huh? I might try it myself. I'm taking turmeric, coconut oil, and just added MSM.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
Serapepetase, huh? I might try it myself. I'm taking turmeric, coconut oil, and just added MSM.
Us old folks can use all the help we can get, gotta keep knitting, after all Doctor has me on all kinds of supplements, although this one I found on my own.

Among other things serrapeptase is useful for lung problems, majorly helps with inflammation. Appropriately perhaps for us knitters it is an enzyme silkworms use to digest their cocoons.
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote