Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #8
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,797 Times in 7,157 Posts
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
I'm having to work so many crossed cable stitches for my Aran sweater, 324 in every 48 row repeat, there are three repeats and then some, and that is for one side only. I had been using my DPN's but at 7" in length, that is a lot of 'fiddling' around with the needle, hence my post. After viewing this video, I thought I would give the technique of cabling without a cable needle a shot:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/pl...a-cable-needle

It's been a little tricky, it is easier to cross the left stitches over the right at this point, the right cross will get easier with focused practice. Finding a rhythm has been such a fascinating process! And it really does go quite a bit faster.
Yeah, that's what I do for the smaller cables. Once you get the hang of it it goes so much faster!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote