Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #1
claireweber
Working the Gusset

In need of a knitting project
We scheduled a vacation back in January, before my DH quit his job and we decided to get our home ready to put on the market. It is so beautiful where we live in North Carolina, but the move here did not quite work out for us.
Fortunately, we did not cancel our lodging arrangements, because now it looks as though we could use that vacation. Five days in a cabin rental in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. DH is a member of an Adventure Rider group, sports motorcycle riding. Mostly trail riding with the most amazing group of people.
I do not ride two up with the hubby, DH is a bit too adventurous on that bike for my liking. Our rental is for five nights! Imagine all the knitting I can do, my heart soars with delight!!! And there is a LYS, ahem, an hour and a half drive through the most beautiful mountains and DH will chauffer me.
I need to pick up a cable to be able to keep my laptop charged during the day so that I can view my knitting daily TV series, I don't know if I should just take the first few episodes or the full set....
I told DH I would like to sleep on a decision as to whether we go or not, but guess which way I am leaning I think I go through my stash tomorrow and begin looking at knitting patterns
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to claireweber For This Useful Post:
bmlesqshtolzea3034 (07-16-2013)

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,761 Times in 7,129 Posts
Oh fun!! I think one easy project and one that requires concentration. And maybe include some yarn for technique practice when you watch the videos!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jan in CA For This Useful Post:
claireweber (07-14-2013)
Old 07-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
offgridgirl
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
. Five days in a cabin rental in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. DH is a member of an Adventure Rider group, sports motorcycle riding. Mostly trail riding with the most amazing group of people.
:
Sounds like fun....I would be out on the trails!! with my horse.....
As for a project there are lots on sale...get one and go for it...
some wine and cheese....hot tub! Heaven!!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Oh fun!! I think one easy project and one that requires concentration. And maybe include some yarn for technique practice when you watch the videos!

Practice yarn!! That will be so useful! TYVM, I would not have thought of that. As for projects, I just reread your post, one easy and one that requires concentration, excellent!! I have a yarn in my stash that I have not even looked at since I brought it home, so I don't know what weight it is, I think it is sunset colors. And there is one more that I am thinking about, I'll have to pull them tomorrow. I'll post the ones I'm thinking about, it would be great to make these decisions well enough ahead of time.

Last edited by claireweber : 07-14-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Jan in CA View Post
Originally Posted by offgridgirl View Post
Sounds like fun....I would be out on the trails!! with my horse.....
As for a project there are lots on sale...get one and go for it...
some wine and cheese....hot tub! Heaven!!
We go through Santa Fe on the return trip home. I feel a little embarrassed that I haven't used that gift certificate for the hot tubs there, this would be the time.

I've never really rode, but a horse on the trails sounds divine! On my bucket list, to actually own and ride a horse, actually one for my DH and one for me.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #6
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Good for you! Yeah, I think you need a vacation. Enjoy.

Quote:
I need to pick up a cable to be able to keep my laptop charged during the day so that I can view my knitting daily TV series, I don't know if I should just take the first few episodes or the full set....
Check to see if you can just d/l them from the site. You've paid for them, they might let you. I didn't buy DVDs just got the d/l, it was cheaper too, I can d/l them again any time.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
claireweber (07-14-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
claireweber
Working the Gusset

I have enough of this yarn to do just about anything I would like:
http://www.ravelry.com/people/kerasovita/stash/lontue
I was thinking something lacy, maybe a triangular shawl. I have Jane Sowerby's book 'Victorian Lace Today' and have been looking at the Shoulder Shawl in Cherry Leaf Pattern, found some on ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...pattern/people

The other yarn is worked up into a FO here:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/anna...urprise-jacket
I have 3 skeins (375 yards), a 7-9 size needle is recommended, so I'm assuming it is worsted weight. I thought a vest would be nice, but it seems that there may not be enough for that What I would like is to achieve a similar pattern effect to the FO on ravelry, it reminds me of ikat.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #8
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,421 Times in 3,100 Posts
Those look like wonderful projects and it sounds like a perfect vacation. I can imagine sitting on the cabin porch and knitting away with beautiful views on all sides. Have a great time!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,127 Times in 2,636 Posts
Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
Those look like wonderful projects and it sounds like a perfect vacation. I can imagine sitting on the cabin porch and knitting away with beautiful views on all sides. Have a great time!

Is that What I Did on Summer Vacation or A Short Description of Heaven? *sigh* The Things of Which Dreams Are Made.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote