Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #7271
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,327 Times in 3,012 Posts
Welcome KnittedwithLove and Sharon! We're happy to have you join us. Your questions and comments are always welcome, too.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #7272
Lorraine3289
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi everyone, I have been visiting this site for several months now and thought it was about time I came in and joined the team. This is the first forum I have ever joined so hopefully I don't make too many oops's.

I live in a small town in Western Victoria, Australia and picked up the knitting needles again, about 3 months ago, after many years of not knitting. I have just finished my first jumper, and yes I will post a photo soon.

This site, which includes the members, is amazing and extremely thorough. Before I starting knitting the above mentioned jumper, I think I read right through the 'Tips' thread and found some great info there as well as reading most of the current (and some older) threads - it's been a great way to learn along with the videos.

Thanks again for a great site.
DavidSydney63 (07-27-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #7273
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum! A team is a great way to describe the group here. We're all in this together and learning as we go. It's good to have you as a member and we'll be happy to see your finished project.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #7274
DavidSydney63
Knitting the Flap

Hi Lorraine - nice to see another Aussie here!

David.
DavidSydney63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #7275
FuffyKnitter
Casting On

Hello everyone! My name is Marianna and I am stay at home mama looking for a hobby/creative outlet. I tried to learn how to knit a few years but got so frustrated. I threw my needles across the room and gave up. I lack patience and am trying so hard to over come that. I walked into my local knitting store in the small town I live in for the first the ever the other day. The owner was so kind and talked to me for a few minutes to encourage me to give knitting another shot. She is the one that pointed me to this website and I am so grateful! This is exactly what I needed and I am excited to get started!!
FuffyKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #7276
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,038 Times in 2,550 Posts
Hi, there, Marianna. I tried to learn knitting several times and couldn't until I tried Continental style. If one style is not working for you try another. I know of English, Continental, Portuguese, and Eastern European styles, all accomplish the same end in somewhat different ways. Your LYS owner is obviously brilliant to point you here! Hmmmmmm.....I wonder who they are.

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #7277
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by FuffyKnitter View Post
Hello everyone! My name is Marianna and I am stay at home mama looking for a hobby/creative outlet. I tried to learn how to knit a few years but got so frustrated. I threw my needles across the room and gave up. I lack patience and am trying so hard to over come that. I walked into my local knitting store in the small town I live in for the first the ever the other day. The owner was so kind and talked to me for a few minutes to encourage me to give knitting another shot. She is the one that pointed me to this website and I am so grateful! This is exactly what I needed and I am excited to get started!!
Hello from a fellow North Carolinian! People here are always willing to help out; the owner of that shop certainly pointed you in the right direction. I hail from Winston-Salem, have only been knitting for a few years myself, but if you find yourself up my way I would be more than happy to share what experience I can. Knitting is a wonderful world, welcome back!
claireweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #7278
TonyaOwens
Casting On

New to knitting
Hi: I love to knit, I have been crocheting since I could walk. My grandmothers did it and my cousin taught me how, but I really enjoy knitting more which I learned from a young lady who was working as an ems, and it took her all of 5 min to teach me. Which I can truly tell you surprised me, that I did take to it so quickly, and now I can't get enough of it, I go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby just to buy yard that I really don't need. lol I was looking for a knitting site and just happened onto this one, so very vey glad I did. Thank you, for having this site, it's a real help for beginners like me
TonyaOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #7279
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Welccome TonyaOwens! It's nice to be part of a family tradition, whether knitting or crochet. I'm glad you found us and hope you'll join the conversation.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #7280
arlmeenan
Casting On

Hi, I am a beginning knitter and have been for many years! I took a class but then I surfed the net and found this site. The "Getting Started and Learn How to Knit" video really got me going but I still have not mastered fixing my mistakes. Thus I have been quite frustrated and gave up. I recently found beautiful autumn color yarn (Redheart "Autumn") and would love to make a very easy shawl or wrap with it. I've checked the net for a pattern but haven't found the right one. I really look forward to advice, suggestions, and support from all you knitters out there. Thanks, Ann
arlmeenan is offline   Reply With Quote