Old 08-01-2013, 02:20 AM   #11
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Woofens Send a message via MSN to Woofens Send a message via Yahoo to Woofens Send a message via Skype™ to Woofens
Hope you weren't offended (if someone called *me* a Steelers fan, I'd be beyond offended Lol). Living an hour from Pittsburgh, I'm surrounded by black and gold, and I guess I was born a Browns fan. Even have a Browns tattoo, lol. I'd be happy if we could just make it to a super bowl!!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Woofens

The only difference between an experienced knitter and new knitter is that the experienced knitter makes bigger mistakes faster. Be bold; there are no terrible consequences in knitting.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Blocks in Blocks Afgan for Taz
Pet snuggles for charity
BonBons fingerless mitts for Sarah
Dorm socks for Skye-finished
Dallas Cowboys Man Hat for John-finished
and as always, dish cloths.
Woofens is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #12
DogCatMom
Knitting the Flap

I thought it was very sad when the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. Nevermore.... It was a poetic name with a real connection to Edgar Allen Poe and the city of Baltimore, but a certain NFL player, last name of Lewis, took it a little too seriously....and seems to have escaped (or talked his way out of) Very Serious Legal Charges Indeed. :(

At least Cleveland *has* a team again. Baltimore didn't have one for years and years after the Colts sneaked out in the dead of the night and went to Indianapolis in the--what?--early '80s?

Of course, here in the S.F. Bay Area, we have the Raiders. I think (?) they started in Oakland, then went to L.A., then moved back to Oakland, costing municipalities everywhere Big Bux. And the S.F. 49ers are stabbing S.F. in the economy, building a stadium 50 miles south of San Francisco, in the town of Santa Clara right next to San Jose, where they're scheduled to start playing in the next season or two. Ptui! It's very difficult to remain a Niners' fan right now; they're doing everything they can to smack us down.
DogCatMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #13
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Woofens Send a message via MSN to Woofens Send a message via Yahoo to Woofens Send a message via Skype™ to Woofens
There is very bad blood between the Browns and Ravens. My 16 yr old daughters boyfriend is a Ravens fan, but we tolerate him because he and Tori are so good together. When the Steelers and Ravens play, we joke we don't know who we dislike more! I guess it's the same for all the team rivalrys. I say to people that tease me about the Browns that it takes real loyalty to be a Browns fan.
Football season is coming and now I want to make team scarves and blankets for Christmas!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Woofens

The only difference between an experienced knitter and new knitter is that the experienced knitter makes bigger mistakes faster. Be bold; there are no terrible consequences in knitting.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Blocks in Blocks Afgan for Taz
Pet snuggles for charity
BonBons fingerless mitts for Sarah
Dorm socks for Skye-finished
Dallas Cowboys Man Hat for John-finished
and as always, dish cloths.
Woofens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by DogCatMom View Post
Well, if I sort of scrunch my eyes a certain way and use a LOT of imagination, I can make my brain think it's seeing Cleveland Browns White & Orange.

But in the NFL, I follow the 49ers, more or less (used to follow them quite closely). The last 10 years or so, they've been a real bust, out of gas, nobody at home at the top, who's the coach this year, etc. Now we have the Illustrated Man (apologies to Ray Bradbury) at QB and Jim Harbaugh at Coach, but the Youngs still at Owner. :( Must admit, though: the team did make it *to* the Superbowl last year, but the Illustrated Man just wasn't ready for the big time and threw victory away in the last minute or so. (Probably busy thinking about what new ink he wanted and where to put it--many of us 49er followers had suggestions! )

So, no, I'm not "pushing" the Steelers, just letting ya know what the warm blanket looks like on my monitor.
I think Kaepernick will really settle in this year. We're fond of him because he played for UNR Wolf Pack in college (my Alma Mater). He was quite the Big Man on Campus!
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Blanket and DH look quite cozy!
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote