Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
offgridgirl
Knitting the Flap

Wearing a thersaurus??
Here is a local gal....making the FB rounds and trying to get on Ellen!!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/dres...-book-19816087

Go check-out the interview!!

This girl is about to put your DIY projects to shame.
Vancouver-based actress, model and former circus artist Jori Phillips, 21, crafted a one-of-a-kind dress made entirely out of the pages of a book. She wore it to the Readers and Writers Festival in her hometown of Denman Island, British Columbia last week.
See also: 22 Books for Your Ultimate Summer Reading List

"I'm an avid reader, and I loved the idea of a girl who reads so much that she becomes the book," Phillips wrote in an email to Mashable.
Phillips made the dress over the course of a few months while watching two seasons of How I Met Your Mother. She used pages from two-thirds of a thesaurus to complete the project. Most impressively, she made the dress without a pattern, using hot glue to hold the pages together.
The dress was inspired by her eight years of experience as a circus artist with the Flying Fox Circus, where she trained in clowning, stilt-walking, aerial acrobatics and juggling. "Circus costumes are often larger than life and a little ridiculous, but still very classy," she wrote.
"It was so hot, I was scared my sweat would melt the paper," she wrote, although she noted that sitting was virtually impossible.
Since the festival, she has been invited to wear the dress to local art shows.
"I enjoy creating characters and this was a real treat for me. A lot of love (and hot glue burns) went into it," Phillips wrote.