Old 08-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Thank you!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
KnitBeg
1st Leg of the Journey

Such a cute outfit! The hat really finishes it all... good job on starting with knitting in the round - I'm still putting it of myself

BTW, I also really like the tiny bracelet
Old 08-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by KnitBeg View Post
Such a cute outfit! The hat really finishes it all... good job on starting with knitting in the round - I'm still putting it of myself

BTW, I also really like the tiny bracelet
Thanks! I decided on using the 2 circ's method, and although I still find it a bit awkward I think I'd find the others worse, lol. But I'm not a good knitter yet, and I'm still pretty clumsy with all of it, truth be told. If you decide to try it, there's an excellent video by Cat Bordhi that explains it all really clearly. I found others confusing. Although she forgets to tell you to put a marker at the beginning and she doesn't really emphasize pulling it tightly when you change needles. But the method is crystal clear - and it looks so darned easy when she does it! Wish I could knit continental style, I think it's just better for some things.

The bracelet was on the doll when it was given to me - so it either came with her, or my Mom made it. I'll never know.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #14
claireweber
Working the Gusset

What an adorable outfit, very well done! I especially like the pink stripe in the top, ties it all together.

Oh, Nanaimo, I haven't been there for over thirty years, you must really living there, it is so beautiful.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
What an adorable outfit, very well done! I especially like the pink stripe in the top, ties it all together.

Oh, Nanaimo, I haven't been there for over thirty years, you must really living there, it is so beautiful.
Thanks Claire! You'd see a few changes if you came here now, lol. But it's still beautiful, and they've kept the waterfront totally accessible to everyone. The Bastion got a rebuild a couple of years ago, the downtown looks much the same I'm sure, but it's spruced up and so pretty now - still the winding streets and cobblestone heritage look. Pop about 80,000. North end of town has all the usual city stores.

When I go out there shopping, I usually take the high road which has a beautiful view of the ocean and mountains, and coming home I often see a ferry coming in to the Bay - we've lived here 8 years now, and I still can't believe how lucky I am. Yes, I it.

Did you live here?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:44 PM   #16
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by IslandTime View Post
Thanks Claire! You'd see a few changes if you came here now, lol. But it's still beautiful, and they've kept the waterfront totally accessible to everyone. The Bastion got a rebuild a couple of years ago, the downtown looks much the same I'm sure, but it's spruced up and so pretty now - still the winding streets and cobblestone heritage look. Pop about 80,000. North end of town has all the usual city stores.

When I go out there shopping, I usually take the high road which has a beautiful view of the ocean and mountains, and coming home I often see a ferry coming in to the Bay - we've lived here 8 years now, and I still can't believe how lucky I am. Yes, I it.

Did you live here?
I lived in Washington State from 1978 - 1985; two years in Sumas, and five years in Bellingham. Visited Nanaimo a couple of times, the cobblestone and winding roads. We plan a move back to California in the near future and I am looking forward to a Pacific Northwest road trip.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #17
IslandTime
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
I lived in Washington State from 1978 - 1985; two years in Sumas, and five years in Bellingham. Visited Nanaimo a couple of times, the cobblestone and winding roads. We plan a move back to California in the near future and I am looking forward to a Pacific Northwest road trip.

I lived across the border from Sumas, in Abbotsford for 13 yrs right before moving here. Many shopping trips to Seattle with my Mom way back when.

Calif should be wonderful - what's not to love!! Maybe Nanaimo will be on your Pac NW road trip itinerary