Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
NorthernIrelandKnitter
1st Leg of the Journey

Designing a Tea Cosy Pattern in Tubular Double-Knitting Style
I love tubular double-knitting and I also loved knitting the little tea cosy I knit, so I decided to try designing a pattern for a tea cosy in this style. I've just been making it tiny for now until I get it right. I did one which was just straight up and down with a gap on either side for the spout and the handle, but it didn't look much like a tea cosy, so I've been working on getting the right shape for one. Since a tubular cast on is quite awkward and a tubular bind-off not so difficult, I reckoned on a top down effort, which meant I had to find out how to increase in tubular double-knitting style. I did eventually find out - on this site - but still haven't got the shape quite right, probably because I was only increasing once on each row of stitches, instead of across the row.

I will have another go another day.

Gillian
NorthernIrelandKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthernIrelandKnitter For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (08-14-2013)