Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
KnittinGal
Ribbing the Cuff

Yarn substitute
Hi there!

Sometime soon, I would really like to knit the "Lush and Lacy Cardigan" by SweaterBabe, and I had a question about yarn substitution.

The pattern calls for a worsted-weight angora/wool blend yarn, weight category 4. However, I have two sweater-vests, and both are for cooler weather. I'd like something for spring or summer, and it appears that the cardigan might be a good choice...except for the wool. Does anyone have any suggestions as to substituting yarn/fiber? Wouldn't cotton be cooler?

All this assuming I can get gauge, of course...

Thanks!

"Who shall find a valiant woman? far and from the uttermost coasts is the price of her...she will render him good, and not evil, all the days of her life. She hath sought wool and flax, and hath wrought by the counsel of her hands...her fingers have taken hold of the spindle. Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain: the woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised." ~Proverbs 31
KnittinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KnittinGal For This Useful Post:
xhcfztcnpp (09-08-2013)