Old 08-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Woofens Send a message via MSN to Woofens Send a message via Yahoo to Woofens Send a message via Skype™ to Woofens
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
Very pretty! I've been wondering what you've been up to. Good job
Thanks, Claire!

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Woofens

The only difference between an experienced knitter and new knitter is that the experienced knitter makes bigger mistakes faster. Be bold; there are no terrible consequences in knitting.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Blocks in Blocks Afgan for Taz
Pet snuggles for charity
BonBons fingerless mitts for Sarah
Dorm socks for Skye-finished
Dallas Cowboys Man Hat for John-finished
and as always, dish cloths.
Woofens is online now   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM   #42
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Janis, that's a really nice dishcloth!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises."
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justplaincharlotte For This Useful Post:
Woofens (08-31-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #43
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Woofens View Post
Well, here is my circle cloth, in progress obviously, in Peaches and Creme, Sweet Pea. The pattern is http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/circle-cloth

ETA: frogged again... sigh...
Janis - Have you finished your circle cloth? I still have a little ways to go on mine, fifty plus rows. Just wondering what might be the best row to end/bind off on.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #44
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Woofens Send a message via MSN to Woofens Send a message via Yahoo to Woofens Send a message via Skype™ to Woofens
Janis - Have you finished your circle cloth? I still have a little ways to go on mine, fifty plus rows. Just wondering what might be the best row to end/bind off on.
I have not finished mine yet, Claire, so I have no clue! Lol.

The only difference between an experienced knitter and new knitter is that the experienced knitter makes bigger mistakes faster. Be bold; there are no terrible consequences in knitting.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Pet snuggles for charity
Old 09-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #45
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,989 Times in 2,507 Posts
You might ask here FO- three circle cloths (potholders) to see what this person did.

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyGramma For This Useful Post:
claireweber (09-01-2013), Woofens (09-01-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #46
claireweber
Working the Gusset

GG - You had mentioned an interest in mosaic knitting. I found a beautiful jacket on this site:

>Mosaic Knitting
GrumpyGramma (09-02-2013)
Old 09-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #47
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

That is beautiful, Claire, thanks for the link! I've been playing around with 2 colors (the ones I got for the circle cloth kind of got kidnapped but I still intend to do one!) and slipping stitches and made a sort of square that is too big and too thick for a dishcloth. I like the fabric it made, I just don't know yet what I'll make with it, maybe a bag. Meanwhile I've also cast on for a One Row blanket (k2, k1tbl, p1 and repeat those stitches to the end, turn and repeat) and a pair of socks. The blanket is to use up yarn I was given and I'd like the giver to see what I'm making. The socks were promised last winter to my DS. I think I'm going to have to get a book on mosaic knitting I'm finding it hard to run down the stuff I want online. I'll check the library first.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #48
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
That is beautiful, Claire, thanks for the link! I've been playing around with 2 colors (the ones I got for the circle cloth kind of got kidnapped but I still intend to do one!) and slipping stitches and made a sort of square that is too big and too thick for a dishcloth. I like the fabric it made, I just don't know yet what I'll make with it, maybe a bag. Meanwhile I've also cast on for a One Row blanket (k2, k1tbl, p1 and repeat those stitches to the end, turn and repeat) and a pair of socks. The blanket is to use up yarn I was given and I'd like the giver to see what I'm making. The socks were promised last winter to my DS. I think I'm going to have to get a book on mosaic knitting I'm finding it hard to run down the stuff I want online. I'll check the library first.
My Goodness! You are one busy little bee I like the stitch for the blanket - how wide do you think it'll end up being? Have you knitted many socks? What yarns are you using in these projects?

In Judy's post for her Mosaic Crib Blanket she had mentioned using patterns from Barbara Walker's book. You can probably order that from your library, may take a few weeks to get it. I so wish I had looked at that book when I was at my Santa Fe LYS, but the owner discouraged me, said I wouldn’t be interested in it, so I didn’t give it a second thought. I never realized that mosaic knitting was slip stitch knitting, always thought it was stranded work.

That jacket is so beautiful I'm almost finished with my circle cloth, was so tired last night kept falling asleep with my knitting in my lap I promised a pair of socks for our friend that we stayed with while we were in Santa Fe, the yarn arrives in the next couple of days.

I really wanted to try out that Linen Stitch, lengthwise on a scarf, at least get it cast on before the sock yarn arrives. I have just the yarn for it, Peaches & Crème Ivy League Still working through the cotton worsted stash.

We need an emoticon for juggling We hired a painter to finish up the house, starting to pack, interviewed another R.E. Agent today, we like her. We rented a storage unit today for boxes and a couple of oddball things. And we're sleeping in the living room until the upstairs is painted. Idk what I like about that, but I do.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #49
Woofens
Turning the Heel

Is that dishcloth yarn, Claire? It's very pretty.

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

OTN:
Pet snuggles for charity
Old 09-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #50
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

My Goodness! You are one busy little bee I like the stitch for the blanket - how wide do you think it'll end up being? Have you knitted many socks? What yarns are you using in these projects?

In Judy's post for her Mosaic Crib Blanket she had mentioned using patterns from Barbara Walker's book. You can probably order that from your library, may take a few weeks to get it. I so wish I had looked at that book when I was at my Santa Fe LYS, but the owner discouraged me, said I wouldn’t be interested in it, so I didn’t give it a second thought. I never realized that mosaic knitting was slip stitch knitting, always thought it was stranded work.

That jacket is so beautiful I'm almost finished with my circle cloth, was so tired last night kept falling asleep with my knitting in my lap I promised a pair of socks for our friend that we stayed with while we were in Santa Fe, the yarn arrives in the next couple of days.

I really wanted to try out that Linen Stitch, lengthwise on a scarf, at least get it cast on before the sock yarn arrives. I have just the yarn for it, Peaches & Crème Ivy League Still working through the cotton worsted stash.

We need an emoticon for juggling We hired a painter to finish up the house, starting to pack, interviewed another R.E. Agent today, we like her. We rented a storage unit today for boxes and a couple of oddball things. And we're sleeping in the living room until the upstairs is painted. Idk what I like about that, but I do.

That Ivy League is very nice. When I worked the linen stitch my stitches were very tight and the fabric is pretty solid; it hurt my hands. Be aware that it is very easy for things to get tight and pay attention to keeping it loose. I have 2 cones of Pageantry that I got for making things for my bathroom, what things I don't know yet. I'm stash busting, I have tons of inexpensive (not cheap! just very, very inexpensive) acrylic that's been around for about half a century maybe that I'm using up. This morning my DD came over after dropping the kids at school (GS doesn't have a great track record for the first day [he has Asperger's] and this way she was closer to the school and wasn't waiting alone for the call from school that didn't come) and we got to talking about slippers and now I've cast on with 3 strands of green yarns, all close by not quite the same color, to try a slipper sole for another Non Felted Slippers pair. I think I'm in start-it mode, not finish-it mode. I've made a half dozen or so pairs of socks I think. I do them the toe-up Lifestyle No Pattern Needed method, how do you do them? The socks are Felici sport, Depths colorway.

I think the blanket should be 36"-40" wide and I'm guesstimating about 60" long. Dunno. Will try to post a photo later. It's a variegated yarn and I don't like most patterns with mixed colors as they tend to struggle for dominance, do I see the pattern or the colors? This seemed to sort of achieve a balance.

Other than smelling fresh paint, camping out downstairs sounds cool to me. I sure do hope you can get the house sold at a good price, soon, since that's what you need to do.