Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
KnittinGal
Ribbing the Cuff

Stockinette stitch help
The "uneven stockinette stitch" bug has bitten me.

I've done a little reading about this problem. You know - where some stitches in stockinette are looser than others, and the fabric looks...kinda...stripey, when it's definitely not supposed to?! "Rowing out"?

I just started knitting this cardigan with a very pretty light-purple cotton-blend yarn. I haven't had this tension problem too much before, only once in a while. But for some strange reason, even though this pattern shouldn't be this difficult, I'm having major problems. It's almost like the more I try to keep my tension the same, the worse it gets. I have tried using a smaller needle for the purl rows, but it seems to be making the problem only worse.

If you can help, I would really appreciate it. It seems like such a simple thing to fix....*sigh*

"Who shall find a valiant woman? far and from the uttermost coasts is the price of her...she will render him good, and not evil, all the days of her life. She hath sought wool and flax, and hath wrought by the counsel of her hands...her fingers have taken hold of the spindle. Favor is deceitful and beauty is vain: the woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised." ~Proverbs 31

Last edited by KnittinGal : 09-06-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: adding some information
KnittinGal is offline   Reply With Quote