Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #8
claireweber
Working the Gusset

My first and only knitting lesson was a three to four hour session from a woman who owned a LYS in Santa Fe. I had wanted to learn for years, and when a friend suggested we do the class together, well, I was in.

The woman who owns the store is Eastern European and seemed quite strict to me. At the time, it had been about a year since I had been involved in an automobile crash and I suffered from a closed brain injury as a result; due to the nature of the injury, I was unaware of it for a number of years.

I still look back and have a bit of a chuckle, this woman was soooo impatient with me. My short term memory was quite impacted, and it did make it difficult to learn; to this day I still struggle with it, but fortunately DH has finally realized that I have an issue.

My first project was a seed stitch scarf, an excellent way to learn the knit and purl stitches, I would recommend this to any beginner. I used Noro Kureyon and knitted it with Clover bamboo straights, size 9.
Woofens (09-11-2013)