Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #21
gcp
Ribbing the Cuff

....and now ---
Hi -

I think I successfully did the 'decrease' and now have to increase. my stitches look as follows: 34...1 (decrease)....34. The increases increase back to 15...so I need to do 7 total (2 each). The instructions say that I should follow the fleurette pattern which is 14 rows total. Follow pattern Rows 1-4 and then start increasing with row 5 (yo, k1, yo). do this 6 more times and work the section into the pattern as the stitch increases allow.... Two questions:

(1) By the time i get to the 6th increase I am on to the horseshoe pattern (increase row 5, 7, 9, 11, 13....row 1, 3 of horseshoe) does this sound correct? Should I instead try and do the increases in the fleurette starting with row 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13?
(2)...subsequent increases first one is (yo, k1, yo)...is the second (k1, yo, k1, yo, k1) and the thrid (k1, k1, yo, k1, yo, k1, k1)? the pattern does not give specific guidance except for the first increase
(3) If i continue the increasing into the horseshoe lace - do I work the increases the same going from 11 to 13? unsure of how to work the pattern in to this newly increased section before it is to the full 15 stitches...) I think this will be my last query ...but then again i have said this before..

Appreciate your help more than you know --- and will post this on Ralvery if ever I am done ...

Thanks so much -

Warm regards,

the fustrated knitter - Gretchen
gcp is offline   Reply With Quote