Old 09-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Judeh
Casting On

Getting back in the groove.
I posted the first part of the month (can't find the post) that I wanted to get back into knitting, that I'd gotten bored with crochet, someone (and I don't know who because I can't find my original post) sent me a picture showing a knit from a purl, very handy! Since then I've started a cowl neck scarf knitting in the round or infinity scarf I guess they call it, I got one of those learn to knit kits from Walmart with needles and other odds and ends, and a book with beginner patterns. I started off great then saw my stitches were twisted, ripped two rows out started over, and now it's almost done and beautiful! So proud of myself! Thanks for this forum!
Judeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
claireweber
Working the Gusset

I found the post!

Illustration of Knit and Purl, Thank You Ingrid

Congratulations on your 'Infinity Scarf'! We are very happy that you have joined KH! I don't know if it has been suggested, signing up on ravelry.com is a great resource for patterns and for other helpful information.

We love to see finished projects. If you are inclined, post your "Finished Object" (FO) to What'cha Knittin'?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,349 Times in 3,033 Posts
So glad the knitting is going well. It was Ingrid who posted after your original post (#7298).
Good going!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
Judeh
Casting On

infinity scarf
Originally Posted by claireweber View Post
I found the post!

Illustration of Knit and Purl, Thank You Ingrid

Congratulations on your 'Infinity Scarf'! We are very happy that you have joined KH! I don't know if it has been suggested, signing up on ravelry.com is a great resource for patterns and for other helpful information.

We love to see finished projects. If you are inclined, post your "Finished Object" (FO) to What'cha Knittin'?
I'll be sure and post a picture. Thanks Claire!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #5
Judeh
Casting On

So minor trauma today. Knitting in the round on my scarf and the long part broke from the needle and I was away from home! Taped it together but when I got home it didn't hold. and several stitches came off as the piece broke away from needle. Went and got the pouch that my Aunt had sent me that had belonged to my grandmother, and there was a round set in there and just the right size! Took some time to get all stitches transferred but I did it! And even was able to tell where the round started!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Judeh View Post
So minor trauma today. Knitting in the round on my scarf and the long part broke from the needle and I was away from home! Taped it together but when I got home it didn't hold. and several stitches came off as the piece broke away from needle. Went and got the pouch that my Aunt had sent me that had belonged to my grandmother, and there was a round set in there and just the right size! Took some time to get all stitches transferred but I did it! And even was able to tell where the round started!
Oh I hate it when that happens!

Congratulations on getting all of your stitches back on, it sounds as if you're back in the saddle quite nicely, and welcome!

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by Judeh View Post
Thank goodness for thoughtful aunties, you've got a good one there. That is amazing that you had the right size, time to buy a lottery ticket
Old 09-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,573 Posts
You're well on your way to becoming an experienced, seasoned knitter! Recovery from that *minor* trauma as a new knitter is really impressive! Good for you!

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance
...the five stages of frogging.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote