Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Storing yarn
Hah! Came to a revelation today. It happened after my husband beseeched me once again to get "all that damned yarn" off the dining room table, and after I spent some time picking parmesan cheese crumbs out of a skein of dark blue Madeline Tosh chunky merino.

I like to have the yarn on the table because I can pat it and admire it, but push has come to shove. It occurred to me as I was looking through a drawer for something else. There was a big box of 1 gallon freezer storage bags with zip lock tops.

I think I used them mostly to put horse supplements in for when the horse was getting fed at the boarding stable. I just finished a baby hat (posted on FOs) and I liked the way it came out, plus I had a lot of the yarn left. I put the 3 colors of yarn in the bag with the proper needle and the printed instructions, with the picture of the hat facing out.

So, the next time I want to make that hat, it's all right there, like a kit. No more digging through bags and baskets looking for the right things, and hopefully the table will stay clearer. I could even hang the bagged "kits" in a closet.

I'm sure the rest of you have similar ways of keeping the yarn (and table) clear and safe! I just hadn't thought of it before or was too lazy! Patting myself on the back!

How do the rest of you store stuff?
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jinxnit55 For This Useful Post:
lialtSole (10-31-2013), Rooniabrons (10-25-2013), SuSyojuh (10-09-2013)