Old 10-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
gcp
Ribbing the Cuff

The saga continues
Hi -

I finally finished the back and am working on the front left. It starts with cast on 2 and increase every row. After 12 rows - begin fleurette pattern row 5 and continue the increase. I am okay with the fleurette pattern rows 5-14. Now I have 21 stitches on my needle and need to start the horseshoe lace. this pattern is multiples of 26 plus 13. specifically:

k1, *k1, yo, k3, s2kp, k3, yo, k1* (k2, yo, ssk, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, ssk, k2tog, yo, k2) --(15 stitches)**. Repeat from * to ** end rep * to * once end k1.

So, with 91 stitches (med) 1.11.15.11.15.11.15.11.1

How do I start to incorporate this when I have 21 stitches ?

Ultimately the increases number 57 stitches which looks like...
11.15.11.15 with 5 stitches ?

any thoughts?

Thank you once again so much!

Gretchen
gcp is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,388 Times in 3,069 Posts
Great progress!
I would center the 15 stitch lace pattern on the 21 sts with 3 sts in stockinette on each side. Then as you increase sts you can work out from there. As you have enough sts for the 11st horseshoe pattern on each side you can add that.
At 57 sts you would have 10sts-11-15-11-10sts. You could work in a partial lace pattern into the 10sts (keeping an edge stitch at the side in stockinette). For me, this makes it easier to start the 21 stitches without too many partial patterns.
Ultimately, it's what you think looks best.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #33
gcp
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi -

I continue to work on this sweater - ha ha ughhh.... Question - I am working with two pattern (Fleurette (14 rows) and Horseshoe & Lace (16 rows). The front has a lot of increasing and decreasing going on -- and I want to see if I can adjust the chart pattern to accommodate these increases/decreases in the pattern.

Do you know of any software programs that can assist with this or do you have any thoughts on how to incorporate the adjustments. I am less interested in the Fleurette pattern as that is just 6 stitches and I do not mind how the StSt looks to get to 6 stitches and incorporate the pattern. The HorseShoe & Lace however is in sections of 11 stitches and then 15 (total of 26). In this case I am doing st. st for many rows.

Am I over thinking this? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! Thank you! thank you!
gcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #34
salmonmac
Mod Squad

Thanked 3,388 Times in 3,069 Posts
With these sort of inc and dec, I usually try to preserve the pattern as much as possible. If I can work a fourth or a half of the pattern, that's what I do. It may help to leave one or two sts at the edges in st st and then let the pattern appear or disappear into those sts rather than taking the pattern up to the edge. This should also make finishing and seaming the edges easier. I keep referring back to the Ravelry page which shows a nice view of the front sections and how the shaping was handled.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Lore...-lace-cardigan
I don't know of a program to do this. Some people graph out the pattern in a spreadsheet but I've never tried this.