Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
cheyenneeeeeee
Casting On

cable crossing lands on purl side?!
Hi I'm a beginner knitter and I understand how to do cables skipping an odd number of rows before crossing again but I came to the conclusion while trying to make my own pattern that If I skip an even number of rows, eventually where the cable needs to cross is going to be on the purl side of the cable. and I've seen patterns like this before so I know it's possible but I just can't figure out how you would do that! I only know how to cross cables on the knit side. please help!!
cheyenneeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
claireweber
Working the Gusset

Hello and welcome to KH!

The best place to post this question is in the 'How-To' section of this forum. You will find that your question will get the most exposure there, and the greater likelihood that you will find someone that has had experience with this knitting problem.

Claire
justplaincharlotte (11-10-2013)
Old 11-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
cheyenneeeeeee
Casting On

thank you! I'm new here!
cheyenneeeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #4
heatherg23
Knitting the Flap

Cables are done on RS rows (odd # rows). You don't want to do a cable on the WS rows because it would never been seen. I assume when you say "purl side" you mean the Wrong Side.

You can do cables on any Right Side row that you want to. I do cables on every RS row all the time. It depends on the design you want to create. There are thousands of possibilities. You definitely don't want to skip an odd # of rows.

Crochet Patterns and Videos
http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/
heatherg23 is offline   Reply With Quote