Old 11-12-2013, 03:21 AM   #11
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,697 Posts
In case you aren't aware - sport weight yarn makes nice, cushy socks. My DD loves hers! It knits up somewhat faster too. Size 2 or 3 needles work well with it. Right now I'm working with sz 0 and to finish the ribbing and may go down to smaller dpn to finish at the top. I was crazy enough to decide I have to have knee hi sox ribbed from the ankle up. Next time they'll be stockinette. Increasing in rib is interesting and I think everyone should mess around with it at least once. This pair of sox may be my last adventure into the land of increasing in rib.

DD's sox were such a hit I had to order more sport weight yarn to make them for SIL, GD, and GS. Oh yeah, my DS got a pair in sport weight too and hopes to get more. I hopefully will get some made for moi.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
justplaincharlotte
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by jinxnit55 View Post
Thanks, Charlotte! This is actually my second pair, the first pair was with worsted yarn and WAY bigger needles. I have to say, this sock is looking pretty dandy, though. Hopefully my eyesight will hold up, but my next pair will definitely be on bigger needles, and I may have to rethink the socks for Christmas idea. Maybe dishcloths instead!
I'll bet it is dandy in the extreme!

I wish my eyesight had held up,but heeeyy it was the sock knitting, yeah that's what did it, not age!

Perhaps 2 strands of sock yarn and bigger needles next pair? It's a reason to buy more yarn (a lot of the Imagination color ways are on sale now). . .

justcharlotte

All Needful Things Blog
"Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crises." Except carpal tunnel.
- Elizabeth Zimmermann
justplaincharlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #13
jinxnit55
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by GrumpyGramma View Post
In case you aren't aware - sport weight yarn makes nice, cushy socks. My DD loves hers! It knits up somewhat faster too. Size 2 or 3 needles work well with it. Right now I'm working with sz 0 and to finish the ribbing and may go down to smaller dpn to finish at the top. I was crazy enough to decide I have to have knee hi sox ribbed from the ankle up. Next time they'll be stockinette. Increasing in rib is interesting and I think everyone should mess around with it at least once. This pair of sox may be my last adventure into the land of increasing in rib.

DD's sox were such a hit I had to order more sport weight yarn to make them for SIL, GD, and GS. Oh yeah, my DS got a pair in sport weight too and hopes to get more. I hopefully will get some made for moi.
I'm doing my cuff in knit 3 p1 all the way down to the heel. Also, today in the mail came some Clover Bamboo 9" size 1 and 3 sock needles. I may knit off my DPNs onto the size 1 and see how it goes.
jinxnit55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,697 Posts
New needles!!! What fun. Enjoy!!!

Are the new needles circs?

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote