Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
vale
Casting On

Originally Posted by salmonmac View Post
I wonder about twisted knit sts also. It looks like there are some in the knitting back and forth (purling correctly on the back of the row will give an untwisted knit stitch on the front) but the circular portion looks like the knits are pretty consistently twisted.
Are you knitting into the back of the stitch from the right instead of knitting into the front leg of the stitch from the left? Twisting the knits is a way to tighten up a rib. It looks pretty but it may not be what you want.
ok, no idea about twisting stitches, this is how I always knit...so I guess I have to review some videos about this. I will let you know.
vale is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #12
vale
Casting On

I guess I've been knitting with twisted stitches all my knitting life, although I have to say, the other projects look quite alright to me…
after reviewing quite a bit of videos the only thing left is to start over again! thanks for all your help.
vale is offline   Reply With Quote