Old 01-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #11
fluffybunny
1st Leg of the Journey

Why a new thread? If it is appropriate to this thread, and she made it up completely, then I see no reason to post it to a new thread. Personally I don't see what is so hard about putting a couple of softly curved flaps onto the bottom of a hat, which I never use a pattern for, and I make loads of them! 3, in fact, this week! I make them from my "waste" angora fiber which is lumpy bumpy yarn. These "seconds" hats sell instantly as soon as I set them out at fleece fairs, etc. I've never used a pattern yet. Just make it up as I go.
DD
fluffybunny is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-02-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Originally Posted by fluffybunny View Post
Why a new thread? If it is appropriate to this thread, and she made it up completely, then I see no reason to post it to a new thread.
Because people who have already looked at this thread may not check it again and because not everyone reads every thread. If she puts it in a new thread the subject line can reflect what the pattern is and that it IS a pattern rather than a question. Lots of reasons why it's preferable. Make sense?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #13
poonkie78
Casting On

earflap hat
I found this one: Bernat_SofteeChunkyweb9_kn_mittenshats.en_US.pdf

ravelry.com search for family Family Mittens and Hats.
poonkie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #14
RochesterKnitter
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by cheley View Post
(Not trying to start a new blog here,but) Maybe you should "expand" your explanation...I didn't know that scanning/sharing a pattern was an infrigement...Let's say that the party "pm'd" her without posting...I offer to do that all the time....
Copying a pattern and giving it to someone is akin to copying a CD, a DVD, a VHS, a book...all of these actions constitute copyright infringement.
The "artist" took the time to make the pattern, song, movie or story and copying/distributing it without paying the artist or asking for his/her permission is copyright infrigement.

If you PM/e-mail people on your own, that is your business. But when you offer on an open forum to share patterns, you put yourself and the web-site's owner(s) at risk for a law suit.
RochesterKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RochesterKnitter For This Useful Post:
justplaincharlotte (02-25-2014)