kittyk216
Casting On

Row question
I have a silly question.
what counts as a row in any knitting. Is it K to end then P to end = 1 row
Or K to end=1 row. P to end= 1 row.
Thanks
kittyk216 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #2
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

It's the second. Knit to end (or whatever pattern to the end of the row or round) is one row. When you turn, or pass the marker if you're working in the round, you're working another row/round.

It isn't a silly question if you don't know. I don't know anybody who was born knowing all about knitting
Woofens (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
kittyk216
Casting On

Thanks so much. I have only been knitting for 3 years and not really made anything that would make me think about the rows. I am now making my first sweater and don't want the sleeves to long.
Cathy
kittyk216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:55 PM   #4
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,189 Times in 2,693 Posts
Originally Posted by Becky Morgan View Post
It's the second. Knit to end (or whatever pattern to the end of the row or round) is one row. When you turn, or pass the marker if you're working in the round, you're working another row/round.

It isn't a silly question if you don't know. I don't know anybody who was born knowing all about knitting
I absolutely agree. In fact, I think it's a good question to ask. Because of the book I learned from, I knew what a row was but when you're looking at garter stitch it can look like it takes two rows to make one. Each art or craft has its own idiosyncrasies and for all you knew that could have been one in knitting.

PS: I think I was born knowing all about knitting but by the time I got interested had forgotten everything. Yeah, right. I just didn't know anything just the same as every other newby.

Happiness is catching that dropped stitch while it's still fixable..

GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote