Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2004, 10:48 PM   #1
Nancy
Casting On

Turning sock heel
In Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick, there is the elf slipper p. 138. This is my first sock - I've done lace scarves and such but they're streight foreward compared to this shaping business.

After decreasing for the heel, you then increase and then...

"Knit one rnd on all sts, closing gaps at heel corners as follows: Insert the left needle tip from below into the purl loop 2 rnds below the last st of the precious rnd, scoop up the purl lop and place it on the left needle, k2tog..."

Anyway, this is gibberish to me. I wanted to finish one to wave at some friends tomorrow evening and tried to do what the author is saying but it looks awfully funky. I may have to *just* wave the finished items as a knitter who has done socks this way before will surely say, "girl, what the heck is this mess?" Thankfully, these are baby booties for my niece so odd joinings may not be noticed at all by the recipient(s)...

But what to do for a larger sock? Or for one that other knitters will see?

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote