Old 12-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #21
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome Amy in Alaska!

Nice sock!!

My first attempt at a sock was worked in such a tight gauge that it looked like it had been felted! Yours looks nice and comfy and wearable! Congratulations!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-23-2004, 12:18 AM   #22
Nuno930
Working the Gusset

here is my first knitting project... nothing fancy, but i did myself
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0773.jpg
Views:	1606
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	19140  
Nuno930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 01:16 AM   #23
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Yay Nuno!!!

Congratulations, it's beautiful!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
Old 12-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #24
JessicaSant
1st Leg of the Journey

VW hat
I finished my VW hat for my husband. I'm pretty happy with the result. I think if I make another one, I'll shrink the size of the logo a bit and put it a tad lower on the hat. I've also gotta work on my tension when I transition colors -- I'm getting that "bunching" effect that Amy warned about in her fair-isle video.

I made it with with Red Heart Classic yarn (blue) and Patons Brilliant ("white twinkle", using 2 strands), on a size 7 needle.

I put the pattern I used here, in the Pattern Central forum.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	vwhattake1.jpg
Views:	1598
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	19141  
JessicaSant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:16 AM   #25
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Brialliant! That looks great!!!
Nice work, Jessica!

Amy

Martha Graham